- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
When? Thursday, October 29 & Friday, October 30
Where? Students will be taking the CA's online (in-person learners will still come to campus)
What are Common Assessments? Common Assessments are given district-wide at YES Prep:
- to assess student learning – identifying students’ strengths and areas for additional focus
- to give students feedback for growth
- to adjust instruction as part of preparing students on their college-bound journey
How does the exam count towards students grade? Each Common Assessment is worth 5% of the semester grade for each course
What to bring for in-person learners?
- Device and charger
- Calculator (8th Grade only)
- Student ID
Note: Please refrain from taking your student out of school on October 29 & 30.
October Calendar - Know A/B days at a glance
Northwest is hosting a public meeting virtually through Microsoft Teams on October 27, Tuesday from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
We encourage all families to join, we will discuss the following:
- Campus performance and objectives
- solicit input on the 2020-2021 Targeted Improvement Plan.
VIEW STUDENTS GRADE
Log onto Skyward to view students grades.
DAILY HEALTH CHECK
In-Person Students, Before Arriving to School Each Day:
The Daily Health Check should be completed each day for every student before coming to school for in-person learning.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- A temperature of 100.4° F or higher
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Known close contact with a person who is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19
If the answer to any question is YES, your student must stay home, and you should notify your healthcare provider.
A student who must remain off campus will shift to online learning at home if they feel well for schoolwork.
While at school
- Northwest Family Guide: English | Spanish
- Overview of safety Procedures that will be implemented on campus: English | Spanish
- In-Person Supply List
- It is important for all students to bring their device to school, if your family needs a device - make sure to complete this survey: YP Device Request
- YES Prep Reopening Video: English | Spanish
- Arrival to Campus Procedures
- Students must wear mask at all times while in School unless actively eating breakfast/lunch
- All staff and students will have their temperature checked before entering the building
- Car Riders will wait in their vehicle until their temperature is checked
- School will remain closed to the public, this means guardian/parent are not able to drop off items for their students
- Students will remain in their classroom throughout the day - including breakfast and lunch
- Students will have restroom breaks to monitor and limit number of students in restroom
- Uniforms will not be required for the Fall semester
Download FirstView App to be able to track the school bus your student is on, you will need to know your students ID #.
Northwest Code: FFMM9
Find the bus stop closest to you by using this site: First Student Web Query
We are NOT open to visitors at this time, for safety reasons.
All visitors MUST have an appointment prior to arrival to campus. You will arrange an appointment will be arranged with the person you need to speak with, the Front Office is not responsible for arranging appointments.
When arriving for an appointment:
- Know the name of who you have an appointment with
- Have your Driver License/ID ready to show staff
When needing to take the student out of school, call the Front Office at 713-842-5510 to notify
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Bus Routes
- Device and Internet
- Internet Resource (spanish)
- If internet is needed: Email Terence.Swift@yesprep.org to be placed on a list to receive a hotspot from YES Prep Northwest
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support - use this for: issues with the YES Prep issued device or can't log into your account
Did you know you can subscribe to our HAWKS Family Notes? | ¿Sabía que puede suscribirse a nuestras Notas familiares de HAWKS? click here for a "how to" video