- Family Notes
<-- ¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
- Friday, October 16 - Fall Holiday
- Monday, October 19 - Staff development day
Have a great 4 day weekend!
October Calendar - Know A/B days at a glance
Northwest is hosting a public meeting virtually through Microsoft Teams on October 27, Tuesday from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
We encourage all families to join, we will discuss the following:
- Campus performance and objectives
- solicit input on the 2020-2021 Targeted Improvement Plan.
HOW TO VIEW STUDENT GRADES
IN-PERSON RETURN DATE
Families who have selected in-person at school learning for their 7th or 8th grade student, here's when they will return on campus:
IN-PERSON LEARNING AT SCHOOL
NO UNIFORMS ARE REQUIRED for the Fall semester.
Here are basic guidelines for our Free Dress policy:
For safety purposes, all shoes must meet the following criteria:
- Must have backs (i.e. no slides)
- Must have hard soles (i.e. no slippers, crocs)
Any shoe color is permitted.
Before School Each Day:
The Daily Health Check should be completed each day for every student before coming to school for in-person learning.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- A temperature of 100.4° F or higher
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Known close contact with a person who is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19
If the answer to any question is YES, your student must stay home, and you should notify your healthcare provider.
A student who must remain off campus will shift to online learning at home if they feel well for schoolwork.
While at school
- Northwest Family Guide: English | Spanish
- Overview of safety Procedures that will be implemented on campus: English | Spanish
- In-Person Supply List
- It is important for all students to bring their device to school, if your family needs a device - make sure to complete this survey: YP Device Request
- YES Prep Reopening Video: English | Spanish
- Arrival to Campus Procedures
- Students must wear mask at all times while in School unless actively eating breakfast/lunch
- All staff and students will have their temperature checked before entering the building
- Car Riders will wait in their vehicle until their temperature is checked
- School will remain closed to the public, this means guardian/parent are not able to drop off items for their students
- Students will remain in their classroom throughout the day - including breakfast and lunch
- Students will have restroom breaks to monitor and limit number of students in restroom
- Uniforms will not be required for the Fall semester
BUS ROUTES - PHASE 2
Bus Routes are being released in phases to accommodate our in-person return schedule.
Download FirstView App to be able to track the school bus your student is on, you will need to know your students ID #.
Northwest Code: FFMM9
RESOURCES TO KNOW
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Device and Internet
- Internet Resource (spanish)
- If internet is needed: Email Terence.Swift@yesprep.org to be placed on a list to receive a hotspot from YES Prep Northwest
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support - use this for: issues with the YES Prep issued device or can't log into your account
Did you know you can subscribe to our HAWKS Family Notes? | ¿Sabía que puede suscribirse a nuestras Notas familiares de HAWKS? click here for a "how to" video