- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
LOTTERY OPENS NOV 2
Do you know someone who is interested in applying at YES Prep Northwest?? Tell them the time to apply begins November 2 for the 2021-2022 school year by going to SchoolMint!
To enter the YES Prep Public Schools lottery, an account must be created in SchoolMint to submit a YES Prep Public Schools application online. Parents or legal guardians can complete the online application on their own, or by contacting a YES Prep campus for assistance.
YES Prep Northwest is accepting application for grades: 6, 7, 8, and 9 for the 2021-2022 school year!
Create a SchoolMint account today, to get a head start in applying to the YES Prep student lottery on Monday, November 2!
If you currently have a student enrolled at YES Prep Northwest, no action is required aside from helping us spread the word! Tell a friend, family, coworkers about YES Prep Northwest.
November Calendar - Know A/B days at a glance
Academic Calendar - 2020-2021 School Year
Report cards will be available in Skyward November 11, Wednesday!
YES PREP PROGRAM SURVEY
The most recent YES Prep Program survey closed on October 25, if you went into Skyward and changed your students current selection, the selection change went into effect November 4!
The next survey will open from December 11 to January 6, but the effective date when the student will start either virtual or in-person will be January 19.
These events are open to current and prospective HAWKS Families.
Current HAWKS, please share these events with friends and families - feel free to bring them to any event!
|Event||Meet the Principal||Fitness Fun!||Instagram Giveaway||Family Movie Night Ft. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse|
|Time||4 pm||4:30 pm||8:00 AM||6 pm|
|Where||FB Live event||Campus - Soccer Field||Campus - parking lot|
|Details||Principal will speak about:
Campus, introduction, and open for questions
|Lead by teachers, Yoga and Zumba.
Students are allowed to stay after school
To participate in giveaway, you must follow rules found in the actual post.
The post will be available on 11/12
|You may bring a lawn chair or stay in car to watch movie|
VIEW STUDENTS GRADE
Log onto Skyward to view students grades.
DAILY HEALTH CHECK
In-Person Students, Before Arriving to School Each Day:
The Daily Health Check should be completed each day for every student before coming to school for in-person learning.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- A temperature of 100.4° F or higher
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Known close contact with a person who is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19
If the answer to any question is YES, your student must stay home, and you should notify your healthcare provider.
A student who must remain off campus will shift to online learning at home if they feel well for schoolwork.
While at school
- Northwest Family Guide: English | Spanish
- Overview of safety Procedures that will be implemented on campus: English | Spanish
- In-Person Supply List
- It is important for all students to bring their device to school, if your family needs a device - make sure to complete this survey: YP Device Request
- YES Prep Reopening Video: English | Spanish
- Arrival to Campus Procedures
- Students must wear mask at all times while in School unless actively eating breakfast/lunch
- All staff and students will have their temperature checked before entering the building
- Car Riders will wait in their vehicle until their temperature is checked
- School will remain closed to the public, this means guardian/parent are not able to drop off items for their students
- Students will remain in their classroom throughout the day - including breakfast and lunch
- Students will have restroom breaks to monitor and limit number of students in restroom
- Uniforms will not be required for the Fall semester
We are NOT open to visitors at this time, for safety reasons. All visitors MUST have an appointment prior to arrival to campus.
When arriving for an appointment:
- Know the name of who you have an appointment with
- Have your Driver License/ID ready to show staff
When needing to take the student out of school, call the Front Office at 713-842-5510 to notify
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- Device and Internet
- Internet Resource (spanish)
- If internet is needed: Email Terence.Swift@yesprep.org to be placed on a list to receive a hotspot from YES Prep Northwest
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support - use this for: issues with the YES Prep issued device or can't log into your account
Did you know you can subscribe to our HAWKS Family Notes? | ¿Sabía que puede suscribirse a nuestras Notas familiares de HAWKS? click here for a "how to" video