- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
View A/B Days for the Month of October
|September 15 - October 15||Latinx Hispanic Heritage Month|
Monday - Wednesday
|Common Assessments||Students will be testing on these days|
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
|9th Grade Parent Meeting||Learn more about your students grade level, meet the teachers, and overview of 21-22|
|YES Prep Holiday||No School|
|YES Prep Holiday||No School|
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
|HAWKS Family Association Meeting||Join us for our first HFA meeting. You'll learn how you can get involved with event planning, and be able to collaborate with the campus on futur|
Accelerated Learning Committees
In the most recent legislative session, the Texas legislature passed HB4545, which expands requirements for accelerated instruction for all students who failed or did not take STAAR or EOC exams in the 2020-2021 school year. As a part of this bill, HB4545 requires campuses to hold Accelerated Learning Committees (ALC) for students who failed or did not take 3rd, 5th or 8th grade Math or Reading STAAR or STAAR Alternate 2.
For our context this year, that is our rising 6th and 9th grade students. We will host our campus virtual meetings on the following date and times to go over the interventions that these students will be receiving this school year:
- 6th Grade: 5:30pm-6:00pm - Teams Link to join meeting: Click here to join the meeting
- 9th Grade: 6:30pm-7:00pm - Teams Link to join meeting: Click here to join the meeting
If you would like to arrange a one-on-one meeting, please reach out to the Director of Academics at Kellie.Thompson@yesprep.org.
Supply Chain + Lunch Meals
Supply Chain!! It’s impacting everything. From October 4 – October 14, YES Prep students will receive only 1 menu option for lunch daily. Our vendor is confident that the supply chain issues for procuring certain types of meals will be rectified by the date listed above.
SAVE THE DATE! You are invited to join our grade level parent meetings. During this time, families will be able to learn more about their child's grade level, meet the teacher, and important information will be shared. This is a great opportunity to ask questions. All parent meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
6th Grade: Did you miss it? Watch the recording here.
7th Grade: Did you miss it? Watch the recording here.
8th Grade: Did you miss it? Watch the recording here.
9th Grade: Wednesday, October 13 @ 5:30 PM
HAWKS Family Association
We want to invite you to join our HAWKS Family Association, you'll be able to connect with other families and collaborate to enhance your child's experience while at YES Prep Northwest.
What is HAWKS Family Association?
- We work together to identify fundraising priorities and opportunities.
- We collaborate in cultural and community events throughout the school year.
- We help promote good communication between parents and staff to enhance the wellbeing of our children.
*Completing the survey will identify you as part of the HAWKS Family Association. We'll reach out directly for support/volunteer, additional meeting for planning/collaborations.
SAVE THE DATE! Our first meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 26 at 5:30 PM.
October 11 - 13
Students are taking their Common Assessments starting on Monday, October 11 through October 12. October 13 will serve as a makeup day and if needed, October 14.
What are Common Assessments?
YES Prep administers common assessments to monitor progress in students’ coursework and college readiness. These assessments also furnish important information about students’ progress and help YES Prep staff better support students in their journey to college.
- Assessments = Tests
- We ask that you refrain from picking up your students from school on testing days, there's no early release on testing days
- Students should come to school with their laptops charged - some testing will be done using their laptop
This past week, October 4 - 8, we held a spirit week for students in anticipation of our Common Assessments happening next week (October 11 - 13).
Links to Bookmark:
- Skyward - View grades: assignment grades, progress report grades, and report card grades. Attendance: tardies, absences, etc. Schedule: classes your student is enrolled in.
- Schoology - parental access to Schoology, you can sign up for weekly reports as well as impersonate your child/children to view their classes, current and upcoming assignments, grades, etc. Schoology one pager: English | Español.
- HERO - Behavior tracker
- Transportation - View our current bus routes
- Digital Library - How to log in to Sora
- Family Notes