- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
I hope that all of you are able to take time to rest and recharge during our Thanksgiving break next week. Know that the Northwest staff is grateful for you and your student this holiday season. As we enter this break and COVID19 cases are rising across the nation and in Houston I wanted to make sure that everyone knows the process for reporting cases over the course of the next week. If your student or someone in your household tests positive, please email me as soon as possible at Laura.Dugan@yesprep.org. In your email please include the student’s name, grade level, and any details about exposure or testing you are able to provide. I will then follow-up with you in the next 24 hours. Thank you in advance for your collaboration and enjoy your week!
District Update: Virtual Learning Day on Monday, November 30th
Monday, November 30th will be a virtual learning day for all Northwest students. Students will follow the same schedule that day and teachers will be teaching live during class periods. Please make sure that your student is logging on and attending all classes on this day.
In-Person learners will remain home for November 30th.
Daily Health Check
We are requiring that all in-person student take the District Health Check on Sunday, November 29th and Monday, November 30th.
All students should take the Daily Health Check in Skyward by 12 noon on Sunday, November 29 and 8:30 AM on Monday, November 30. This will allow us to have the information we need to plan to reopen the building safely for our campus community.
We are asking everyone to do this to help ensure that we have a safe transition from our week off back to campus. If you do not complete the Health Check for your student we will be following up with a phone call.
11/23-27 - Thanksgiving Break
We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, we know it's been a difficult school year. We are thankful to all of our HAWKS families - you keep us going and motivated.
With the holiday season approaching, I want to invite us all to make responsible and sometimes difficult choices to keep ourselves and our families well. Remember, at Northwest, our safety protocols are designed with the most vulnerable members of our community in mind, and I ask us to consider these folks as we make decisions about how we operate when we are outside the building. You can find guidance from the CDC here.
Thank you in advance for continuing to prioritize safety both personally and professionally for the benefit of our entire community.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and stay safe!
YES Prep will waive the uniform policy for students for the entire 20-21 school year. YES Prep understands the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges our families face. Students will follow the “free dress” policy as outlined in the Individual Campus Supplement (español).
LOTTERY IS NOW OPEN
We are still accepting application for this year, 2020-2021, for grades 6th and 7th only.
YES Prep Northwest is NOW accepting applications for grades: 6, 7, 8, and 9 for the 2021-2022 school year!
Do you know someone who is interested in applying at YES Prep Northwest?? Let them know they can apply NOW for the 2021-2022 school year by going to SchoolMint!
To learn more information about our Lottery visit: https://northwest.yesprep.org/enrollment
How to Apply:
An account must be created in SchoolMint to submit a YES Prep Public Schools application online. Parents or legal guardians can complete the onlihne application on their own, or by contacting a YES Prep campus for assistance.
If you currently have a student enrolled at YES Prep Northwest, no action is required aside from helping us spread the word! Tell a friend, family, coworkers about YES Prep Northwest.
November Calendar - Know A/B days at a glance
Academic Calendar - 2020-2021 School Year
VIEW STUDENTS GRADE
REPORT CARDS ARE AVAILABLE, 11/13! Log onto Skyward to view students grades.
DAILY HEALTH CHECK
In-Person Students, Before Arriving to School Each Day:
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- A temperature of 100.4° F or higher
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Known close contact with a person who is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19
If the answer to any question is YES, your student must stay home, and you should notify your healthcare provider.
A student who must remain off campus will shift to online learning at home if they feel well for schoolwork.
While at school
- Northwest Family Guide: English | Spanish
- Overview of safety Procedures that will be implemented on campus: English | Spanish
- In-Person Supply List
- It is important for all students to bring their device to school, if your family needs a device - make sure to complete this survey: YP Device Request
- YES Prep Reopening Video: English | Spanish
- Arrival to Campus Procedures
- Students must wear mask at all times while in School unless actively eating breakfast/lunch
- All staff and students will have their temperature checked before entering the building
- Car Riders will wait in their vehicle until their temperature is checked
- School will remain closed to the public, this means guardian/parent are not able to drop off items for their students
- Students will remain in their classroom throughout the day - including breakfast and lunch
- Students will have restroom breaks to monitor and limit number of students in restroom
- Uniforms will not be required for the Fall semester
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- Device and Internet
- Internet Resource (spanish)
- If internet is needed: Email Terence.Swift@yesprep.org to be placed on a list to receive a hotspot from YES Prep Northwest
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support - use this for: issues with the YES Prep issued device or can't log into your account