- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
- Jan 11: Title I Meeting at 9:30 am
- Jan 12: Title I Meeting at 4:30 pm
- Jan 14: Virtual Campus Tour - sign up HERE
- Jan 15: No School - Professional Development for Staff
- Jan 18: No School - MLK Holiday
- Jan. 19 – April 1: Quarter 3 Starts
- Jan 19: Student learning programs go into effect, IF you took the Q3 Survey to change your student learning program
- Jan 21: Q2 Report Cards available in Skyward
1/8 - Thank you to all in-person families for being understanding for our switch to online learning for your student! Our internet issue will be resolved and students who are in-person can return on Monday, January 11.
TITLE I MEETING
Dear Northwest Families,
YES Prep Northwest will hold our annual title I, Part A meeting on:
The meeting will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams. You may select the meeting that best fits your schedule. We encourage all parents and families to participate. The presentation and materials will be provided in English and Spanish.
Recordings of the meeting will be available within one week on our campus website.
To locate recording and have additional information, visit: https://northwest.yesprep.org/for-families/get-involved/title-1-meetings
VIRTUAL CAMPUS TOURS
We are hosting Virtual campus tours for families interested in applying to Northwest but want to learn more!
- January 14, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
- January 29, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
- February 4, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
- February 25, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
- March 11, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
- March 25, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
Sign up HERE for your preferred date and time.
*Current families, please help us spread the word and refer us.
HOW TO VIEW STUDENT GRADES
Report Cards will be available to view in Skyward on January 21
REFER A FAMILY
Do you know anyone interested in applying to YES Prep Northwest, please fill out this SURVEY and we can contact them with more information!
We are still accepting application for this year, 2020-2021, for grades 6th and 7th only AND we are ALSO accepting applications for grades: 6, 7, 8, and 9 for the 2021-2022 school year!
Learn more information about our Lottery visit: https://northwest.yesprep.org/enrollment
How to Apply:
An account must be created in SchoolMint to submit a YES Prep Public Schools application online. Parents or legal guardians can complete the online application on their own, or by contacting a YES Prep campus for assistance.
- How to Create a Schoolmint account: English and Español
- How to Complete Student Application: English and Español
If you currently have a student enrolled at YES Prep Northwest, no action is required aside from helping us spread the word! Tell a friend, family, and coworkers about YES Prep Northwest.
We are incredibly excited to re-launch the Family Portal in Quarter 3 of the 20-21 school year.
The new Family Portal will allow you to more easily access your child’s key data in one place and seamlessly communicate with your child’s teachers and campus leaders in your preferred language (simultaneous translation). There is also a mobile app to make it even easier to use this two-way communication tool to support your child’s learning. You will not be able to login and set up your profile until January 19th, 2021.
However, you can get a sneak peek now of the features in the new Family Portal, by going to the Family Dashboards page. You must use the email you have set up in Skyward to use the Family Portal so login instructions will be emailed to your email address on file to guide you through the simple steps required.
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- Device and Internet
- Internet Resource (spanish)
- If internet is needed: Email Terence.Swift@yesprep.org to be placed on a list to receive a hotspot from YES Prep Northwest
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support - use this for: issues with the YES Prep issued device or can't log into your account