- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
- February: Meal deliveries for virtual students began, OPT out by completing this survey
- Feb 23: Special Edition of our HAKWS Family Notes
- March Calendar
- Complete our Family Impact Survey - Winter storm to inform of your status and how we can help
- March 1-5: Black History Month Spirit Week
STUDENT ASSISTANCE FORM (SAF)
Did you know YOU, HAWKS families, can submit a Student Assistance Form (SAF) to inform our Student Support Counselor about a non-instructional need for your student here at Northwest? Our Student Support Counselor is here to help, please reach out by submitting a SAF today!
Who can submit a SAF?
Reasons you may want to submit a SAF:
FAMILY IMPACT SURVEY - WINTER STORM
We understand Winter storm Uri affected our HAWKS different, we are asking if you could take time and complete our survey: https://tinyurl.com/NWFamilySurvey-WinterStorm
The survey will ask a series of questions that will determine our next steps in being able to assist you, if needed. If you were not affected, we'd still like to hear from you and know you're doing good.
Thank you, if you have already completed our survey. You may be hearing from our staff asking additional questions, if needed.
Here are resources you may find helpful, if you are needing immediate help: https://www.yesprep.org/news/blog/featured/~board/blog/post/community-resources-for-those-affected-by-winter-storm
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Due to the recent school closure, we've extended our Black History Month events into March.
- Every Wednesday during February is Blackout - wear all black
- BHM Spirit week - March 1-5
- Virtual Showcase - March 12
- BHM Movie Night! - March 25, more details to come
We will restart our weekly Family Workshops on TUESDAY, March 9th with a 4-week series provided by Dr. Crystal Collier. She is a therapist and educator who has been working with adolescents and adults suffering from mental illness, behavioral problems and substance use disorders since 1991. This informative series will be offered on Microsoft Teams live from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm and will cover stress (3/9), substance abuse (3/23), technology (3/30) and behavior modification (4/6). To learn more about her story and her powerful message, please visit her website.
We strongly encourage you to watch The Science of High Risk Behavior prior to the first session as we had to cut this foundational session due to the winter storm disruption. If you are watching on a laptop, you can view the video with subtitles in your preferred language by turning on captions then selecting your preferred language from the dropdown menu under the icon that looks like a gear.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES
In a previous HAWKS Family Notes, we notified of staff changes. We wanted to follow up and introduce our new Director of Student Services: Ms. Brittney Jones!
Ms. Jones has been busy at work, getting adjusted and prioritizing our HAWKS needs.
"Hello to my new HAKWS Family! I am super excited about transition into the role of DSS starting this February and being a part of the HAKWS Team. Thank you in advance for welcoming me, helping me get adjusted and standing alongside me as we finish 2020-2021 school year strong. I cannot wait to meet and get to know every one of you either virtually or in-person"
Reasons you would reach out to our Director of Student Services:
- Student culture and engagement
- Questions about the Grade Level Chairs
CURRENT HAWKS SIBLING
Does your current student have a sibling that will be attending Northwest for the 2021-2022 School Year?
- An application must be submitted for the sibling
Apply for the sibling now: https://yesprep.schoolmint.net/
VIRTUAL CAMPUS TOURS
We are hosting Virtual campus tours for families interested in applying to Northwest but want to learn more!
Virtual Tour Dates:
- March 11, 2021 @ 9:00 AM
- March 25, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
Sign up HERE for your preferred date and time.
***Current families, please help us spread the word and refer us.
YES Prep provides different tools to help you stay connected to how your child is performing at school. Staying connected will allow you to see if your child is on track or needs additional support in their education.
- YES Prep Family Portal
- Help with Family Portal
- In order to access Family Portal, you'll need to have set up your Skyward account and use the same email address to log on
Find additional information to all of our Family Dashboards here: https://northwest.yesprep.org/for-families/family-dashboards
REFER A FAMILY
HAWKS families, do you know anyone interested in applying to YES Prep Northwest, please fill out this SURVEY. We will contact the family you refer to us and provide more information on our enrollment and how they can apply.
If the family you refer to us applies, you will be entered for a chance to win a gift card to Top Golf!
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- OPT Out Link for Virtual student meal deliveries- complete if you DO NOT want to receive meal deliveries
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop