- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
DATES TO KNOW:
- March 26: Last day to complete our YES Prep Program Survey Q4
- If you would like to change your students current selection, in-person/virtual, you must complete this survey!
- If you are satisfied with your students current program selection, no action is required
- March 27: Re-Enrollment 2021-2022
- We are asking all current families to complete this survey on their intent to return next year
- March 29 - April 1: Common Assessment
- Students may participate in Spirt Week
- April 2 & April 5: NO SCHOOL
- April 6: Future Family Parade
- We are inviting new families who enrolled for the 2021-2022 school year for a parade to greet them
- April 12 - April 25: Scholastics Virtual Bookfair
You are invited to join us for our virtual Family Workshop Series titled “The Teen Brain: A Neurodevelopmental Guide for Parents and Families” on Tuesdays from 5 to 6 p.m. Past Tuesday event, “The Brain & Stress”. Presenter, Dr. Crystal Collier, shared the effects of stress on the developing brain as well as active coping skills and tools for managing anxiety. To view the recording of the session, click here.
To learn more about this Family Workshop & Dr. Collier, click here: https://www.yesprep.org/.../post/family-workshop-teen-brain
The next workshops:
- March 30 – The brain and technology - Click here to join Teams live: http://bit.ly/YPBrainTech
- April 6 – The brain and behavior modification - Click here to join Teams live: http://bit.ly/YPBrainBehave
Bonus: For those who attend, Dr. Collier will use the session attendance lists to raffle off a copy of her new book, the Neurowhereabouts Guide, a nuerodevelopmental guide for parents and families who want to prevent youth high risk behavior. The book is available in English and Spanish
Q4 Program Selection
The survey to change your students current learning program is open! Locate the survey in Skyward. Once you complete the survey, know that the change will take effect for Quarter 4 (April 6 - June 10).
Complete the survey by March 26! TODAY!
If you are satisfied with your students current selection, no action is needed.
Re-Enrollment for 2021-2022
We ask all families to complete this survey on their intent to return for the 2021-2022 School Year, complete by March 27.
While we have you in Skyward - checkout your students progress report for Q3!
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Are you needing to update your email or phone number? You can do so in Skyward! View this video to learn how: https://youtu.be/mUL4K-DW-jI
Have you moved recently and need to update your address with us? OR Need to remove/add an emergency contact? Please get in touch with our registrar by email.
It's crucial we, as a school, to have the most recent information for a student in case of emergencies or needing to mail documents home. Please don't wait and notify us today.
HAWKS FAMILY ASSOCIATION MEETING
HAWKS Families, mark your calendars! We'll be hosting a Virtual Parent Family meeting next week on March 30, Tuesday at 5:15 pm. We'd like to hear from you and have you participate in events we're planning for April!
- Open House
- Future Family Parade, April 6
- and more!
If you're interested in joining our HAWKS Family Parent Association, complete this survey and we will reach out to remind and provide link to the meeting.
VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR
We are happy to announce that this year we will have our book fair virtually! Our Virtal Bookfair will run from April 12-25.
The Book Fair will go live on April 12, visit: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/yesprepnorthwest
Basketball will be starting in April, we have asked students to complete a survey to gage interest. Please ask your student to complete the Basketball Interest Survey no later than April 2nd. The interest form is located in their Teams under their Grade Level channel.
- Students in 6th grade need to have an 80% or above in all classes
- Students in 7th & 8th need a 70% or higher in all classes
- If the student currently doesn't have all requirements in grades, still complete and Coach will reach out to the student with an academic contract to participate
- All students will need a physical
- Returning student-athletes (from last year) do not require a NEW physical
Do you know someone who applied to YES Prep Northwest for the 2021-2022 school year? Tell them to check their emails for an update on their status
YES Prep provides different tools to help you stay connected to how your child is performing at school. Staying connected will allow you to see if your child is on track or needs additional support in their education.
- YES Prep Family Portal
- Help with Family Portal
- In order to access Family Portal, you'll need to have set up your Skyward account and use the same email address to log on
Find additional information to all of our Family Dashboards here: https://northwest.yesprep.org/for-families/family-dashboards
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- OPT Out Link for Virtual student meal deliveries- complete if you DO NOT want to receive meal deliveries
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- District Information