- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
DATES TO KNOW:
- April 2 & April 5: NO SCHOOL
- April 6: Future Family Parade
- We are inviting new families who enrolled for the 2021-2022 school year for a parade to greet them
- April 8: Save the Date for our Virtual Open House, more details to come!
- April 12 - April 25: Scholastics Virtual Bookfair
Action Required: RE-ENROLLMENT FORM
We are asking all HAWKS Families to complete the Re-enrollment form located in Skyward, we need to know your intent to return to YES Prep Northwest. We use this information to prepare for the next school year such as scheduling. The form is short, no need to upload any documents.
Step 1: Log into Skyward - http://tinyurl.com/YPSkyward
Step 2: Locate this form
STAAR Testing is an annual assessments required by the State of Texas to measure progress a student has made in the subject area. STAAR Testing will begin in May, see below for schedule:
Parents of students in all grade levels should review the information on this site. Even on days where your student may not have a STAAR test, a STAAR test in another grade level may impact your student’s schedule, to obtain this schedule and additional information visit: https://www.yesprep.org/families/student-assessments/staar/2021-spring-staar
YES Prep Northwest testing schedule:
|Date||STAAR Testing Subject|
|Tuesday, May 4||7th - Writing|
|Tuesday, May 25||6th, 7th, 8th - Math|
|Wednesday, May 26||6th, 7th, 8th - Reading|
|Thursday, May 27||8th - Science|
|Friday, May 28||8th - Social Studies|
You are invited to join us for our virtual Family Workshop Series titled “The Teen Brain: A Neurodevelopmental Guide for Parents and Families” on Tuesdays from 5 to 6 p.m. Past Tuesday event, “The Brain & Stress”. Presenter, Dr. Crystal Collier, shared the effects of stress on the developing brain as well as active coping skills and tools for managing anxiety. To view the recording of the session, click here.
To learn more about this Family Workshop & Dr. Collier, click here: https://www.yesprep.org/.../post/family-workshop-teen-brain
The next workshops:
- April 6 – The brain and behavior modification - Click here to join Teams live: http://bit.ly/YPBrainBehave
Bonus: For those who attend, Dr. Collier will use the session attendance lists to raffle off a copy of her new book, the Neurowhereabouts Guide, a nuerodevelopmental guide for parents and families who want to prevent youth high risk behavior. The book is available in English and Spanish.
HAWKS FAMILY ASSOCIATION
We're looking for HAWKS Families wanting to be part of their students campus culture!
What you can expect:
- Stay informed with monthly meetings, last Tuesday of every Month
- Connect with other parents
- Increase School Spirit
- Volunteer opportunities to benefit our students
If you're interested in joining our HAWKS Family Parent Association, complete this survey and we will reach out to remind and provide link to the meeting.
Basketball will be starting in April, we have asked students to complete a survey to gage interest. Please ask your student to complete the Basketball Interest Survey no later than April 2nd. The interest form is located in their Teams under their Grade Level channel.
- Students in 6th grade need to have an 80% or above in all classes
- Students in 7th & 8th need a 70% or higher in all classes
- If the student currently doesn't have all requirements in grades, still complete and Coach will reach out to the student with an academic contract to participate
- All students will need a physical
- Returning student-athletes (from last year) do not require a NEW physical
Students completed their Common Assessment this week (March 29 - April 1), we wanted to share a highlight of how we celebrated students: Video HERE
VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR
We are happy to announce that this year we will have our book fair virtually! Our Virtal Book fair will run from April 12-25.
The Book Fair will go live on April 12, visit: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/yesprepnorthwest
YES Prep provides different tools to help you stay connected to how your child is performing at school. Staying connected will allow you to see if your child is on track or needs additional support in their education.
- YES Prep Family Portal
- Help with Family Portal
- In order to access Family Portal, you'll need to have set up your Skyward account and use the same email address to log on
Find additional information to all of our Family Dashboards here: https://northwest.yesprep.org/for-families/family-dashboards
- Northwest Information
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- OPT Out Link for Virtual student meal deliveries- complete if you DO NOT want to receive meal deliveries
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- District Information