- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
DATES TO KNOW:
- April 12 - April 25: Scholastics Virtual Book Fair
- April 23: School Store for Virtual Students
- Virtual students will get the opportunity to come to campus and spend their merit points, more info to come!
- STAAR: https://www.yesprep.org/families/student-assessments/staar/2021-spring-staar
Date STAAR Testing Subject Tuesday, May 4 7th - Writing Tuesday, May 25 6th, 7th, 8th - Math Wednesday, May 26 6th, 7th, 8th - Reading Thursday, May 27 8th - Science Friday, May 28 8th - Social Studies
Annual Family-School Relationship Survey
YES Prep values your feedback! To ensure we continue to provide high-quality, rigorous learning experiences that meet the needs of our learners and prepare them for college and career, we need your input. Monday, April 12, you received an email with a unique link to take our annual Family-School Relationships Survey to gain insight into your perception of our school and district effectiveness.
We have partnered with Panorama Education to conduct our 2021 Family Survey. Panorama safeguards your privacy, keeping your responses confidential. The survey shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to complete and will be a valuable source of information for us as we work to make our schools and district the best they can be.
Complete the survey online between Monday, April 12 and Friday, April 30 using a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Be on the lookout for an email from Panorama. We thank you in advance for your thoughtful responses.
ONLINE BOOK FAIR
Join our Virtual Book fair from April 12-25, scholastic has all kinds of books from toddlers to High School and free shipping is available on book orders of $25 or more.
Our Online Book Fair is live NOW, visit: https://tinyurl.com/NW-Virtualbookfair
IMPORTANT: For this School Year we are NOT allowing spectators at practices/games
Guardians of athletes, you will receive updates from Coach Davis via email, so please make sure we have your correct email on file in Skyward.
- Are you needing to update your email or phone number? You can do so in Skyward! View this video to learn how: https://youtu.be/mUL4K-DW-jI
- We request that students participating in sports have their Physical done before try outs.
- *If your student participated last year at YES Prep Northwest, they DO NOT require a new Physical.
Students who are interested in joining the Girls Volleyball team must complete an interest Survey, not later than April 27.
Congratulations to our new Basketball Team! Students will know what Team they are on by TODAY (April 16).
- Practices and games will take place on Monday's and Wednesday's
- Practice will start at 3:45 pm to 4:40 pm
- Games will be from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Tentative - Basketball Try-Outs: 4-5p & 6-7p
Online Basketball Draft Announcement
1st Game and Practice
If at anytime you have any questions about Athletics, please contact Coach Davis:
Phone: (713) 924-5464
Cell: (346) 777-6343 - texts accepted
LEGACY HEALTH CLINIC SESSIONS
2021-2022 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
The YES Prep 21-22 calendar is now available on the YES Prep Website. Here are some highlights of the calendar:
- The first day of school for students is August 16, 2021.
- The last day of school for students is June 2, 2021.
- There will be 176 total instructional days in the 2021-22 school year.
- The Academic Calendar aims to support students and families.
- YES Prep will have over 80,000 instructional minutes in the 2021-22 school year, which is approximately 4,000 more minutes than in years past. These additional minutes will support students to close learning gaps created by COVID.
- Staff Professional Development (including 5 Early Dismissal days) has been placed adjacent to existing holiday weekends as much as possible to help families manage this time off for students.
- YES Prep non-partnership campuses will have consistent start and end times every school day (excluding the five early dismissal days on the calendar). We will create partnership specific calendars for YES Prep Northbrook MS/HS, YES Prep Hoffman, and YES Prep Eisenhower by June 1.
Action Required: RE-ENROLLMENT FORM
We are asking all HAWKS Families to complete the Re-enrollment form located in Skyward, this form will only provide us with your intent for next year. The form is short, no need to upload any documents. We use this information to prepare for the next school year such as scheduling.
Step 1: Log into Skyward - http://tinyurl.com/YPSkyward
Step 2: Locate this form
YES Prep provides different tools to help you stay connected to how your child is performing at school. Staying connected will allow you to see if your child is on track or needs additional support in their education.
- YES Prep Family Portal
- Help with Family Portal
- In order to access Family Portal, you'll need to have set up your Skyward account and use the same email address to log on
Find additional information to all of our Family Dashboards here: https://northwest.yesprep.org/for-families/family-dashboards
- Northwest Information
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
- Grade level Teams - meet the teacher
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Welcome to YES Prep Northwest (spanish)
- Uniforms - Vendor: Tejas. NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- OPT Out Link for Virtual student meal deliveries- complete if you DO NOT want to receive meal deliveries
- Bus Routes
- First Student Web Query - find the nearest stop
- District Information