- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
FINAL HAWKS FAMILY NOTES OF THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
If you subscribed or read our newsletter, THANK YOU for taking the time in staying connected. We'll resume HAWKS Family Notes in August, don't forget to subscribe.
DATES TO KNOW:
|Monday, June 7||6th Grade Luau and Award Ceremony||
Luau: 12:30 PM | Award Ceremony: 2:45 PM
Student only events
Virtual students interested in attending must RSPV via link shared in the Students Updates page in TEAMS. Virtual students may be dropped off at 12:30 PM
|Tuesday, June 8||7th Grade Movie and Award Ceremony||
Award Ceremony: 1 PM | Movie event: 2:30 PM
Virtual students will be joining virtually for both events.
|Wednesday, June 9||8th Grade Dance||Tickets will be $20 and begin selling from Monday-Wednesday during Lunch Time.|
|Thursday, June 10||Last Day of School||
1. Review your students current grades, and missing assignments.
2. Update your phone, or email. Learn how by watching this tutorial.
End of Year Events
6th Grade: Letter to parents
- June 7, Monday: Luau and Awards Ceremony
- Student events only
- Virtual students are invited but they MUST RSVP using the link provided in their Students Updates Page in TEAMS.
- Luau will begin at 12:30 PM in the Gym.
- Award Ceremony begins at 2:45 PM
- All students must be picked up by 3:45 PM
7th Grade: Letter to parents
- June 8, Tuesday: Award Ceremony and Movie
- Virtual students will participate virtually at home, links will be provided to join events.
- Award Ceremony will begin at 1 PM
- Movie: Cruella, beginning at 2:30 PM
8th Grade: Letter to parents
- June 9, Wednesday: Dance
- Dance will take place from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Ticket will be $20 and will begin selling on Monday-Wednesday, June 7-9 from 11:40-12:45pm.
- June 10, Thursday: Promotion Ceremony
- Ceremony will be from 5:30 - 7 PM
Field Day - June 10
On June 10th, our Northwest HAWKS will keep continue our tradition and ending the school year with a COVID friendly Field Day!
Virtual students will have a virtual field day experience while in-person students will have the traditionally field day experience all while upholding and adhering to CDC guidelines and mandates.
We are looking for the following field day snack donations: fruit snacks, chips, bottled water and nutri-grain bars. If you would like to donate, please drop the items off in the front office starting on Monday, June 7th.
2020-2021 Device Return
Monday June 7th: VIRTUAL STUDENT RETURN
Beginning Monday, June 7th any virtual student who DOES NOT need their YES Prep issued laptop and charger but will still have access and the ability to login to class are able to bring in their laptop between 9am – 1pm to the front office. All virtual students must return their laptop no later than Friday, June 11th.
Thursday, June 9th: IN PERSON STUDENTS
All in-person students will return their YES Prep issued laptop and charger.
Please understand, failure to return your student’s YES Prep issued device and charger will result in a fine up to $425.
*If you were issued a hotspot and no longer need it, please return it with your student’s device.
Summer Meals Delivery Service
If you are interested in receiving FREE breakfast & lunch meals for your children this summer, from June 14 to August 13, 2021, please sign up by clicking here. Our current delivery structure will end on June 11, 2021. Please sign up today if you’re interested in the continuation of home delivery services.
Meals are available to all children 18 years of age and younger and delivered directly to your home.
- Each meal box (per child) will have seven (7) breakfast meals and seven (7) lunch meals in it, plus one (1) gallon of milk.
Sign up by clicking on the button below!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Child Nutrition team at ChildNutrition@yesprep.org.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
Three governmental agencies are working together to implement the Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) program. P-EBT provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals this school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. YES Prep students are eligible! Families who qualify for SNAP do not need to take any action; funds will automatically be loaded onto your cards. Families who do not qualify for SNAP will need to apply through the Health and Human Services website (https://hhs.texas.gov/). Be on the lookout for more information
Follow us on Social Media