- Family Notes
<-- ¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
GRADE LEVEL TEAMS
Meet our grade level Teams!
- Download the PDF to have a quick access to the teachers email address too (just click on their name in the PDF!).
- GLC = Grade Level Chair, they support the teachers and overall grade level
IMPORTANT DATES TO KNOW
- NO SCHOOL (no virtual classes) - Monday, September 7
- Classes will resume , Tuesday
- Tuesday, September 8 will be "A" Schedule
- Download our September Calendar to know which days are A/B
WEEK OF September 7 - September 11
Day A and Day B alternate. The following classes will be every other day: Science, Social Studies, Principles of Info Technology, and Foundations of Fitness
- Example: Subject_Teacher Name_Period Number_A Day or B Day
Synchronous: 45 minutes
Students engage in course activities, usually via a live Teams video call that is planned and facilitated by their teacher. • Students interact with their teacher and other students. • Requires everyone to be online for a scheduled event.
Asynchronous: 45 minutes
Students engage in course activities online or offline. (Examples: watching a video, completing a Microsoft Form, reflecting in their class OneNote) • Students have control over their path and/or pace. • Students usually learn or practice independently. • Students receive additional support individually and/or in small groups.
Where to find Student Schedules
You can see your student’s schedule in Skyward. Student, if you notice you are not part a teachers class in Teams, start a chat via Teams with the Teacher to get added.
All exit tickets are due at 5 pm every day, unless told otherwise by the teacher.
YES Prep administers assessments to monitor progress in students' coursework and college readiness. These assessments also furnish important information about students’ progress and help YES Prep staff better support them in their journey to college.
Learn more about the assessments given at YES Prep: https://www.yesprep.org/parents/student-assessments
MAP testing days:
- Sept 2 - Reading for 6th and 7th
- Sept 3 - Math for 6th and 7th
- Sept 9 - Reading for 8th
- Sept 15 - Math for 8th
Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health will continue to provide both healthcare and behavioral health services to all students and families for the 2020-2021 school year.
Behavioral Health: Tele-Counseling has been available throughout the summer and will continue through the school year with Legacy therapists.
Pediatric and Family Healthcare: Starting August 24, 2020, Legacy clinics will physically open at 4 regional hub sites for both curbside quick care and in-person pediatric well-child appointments and vaccine care. Clinics will be open to all YES Prep families at the following YES Prep campuses:
- YES Prep Gulfton Secondary, 6565 DeMoss (77074)
- YES Prep Southeast Secondary, 353 Crenshaw Rd. (77034)
- YES Prep North Forest Secondary, 6602 Winfield Rd. (77050)
- YES Prep White Oak Secondary, 5620 West Tidwell (77091)
For both behavior and clinic appointments, please call 281-628-2050 or visit LegacyCommunityHealth.Org
Meals at Northest
We offer free meals for all YES Prep Northwest families, every Monday from 9am to 1pm. Please have the students ID# ready when picking up meals.
Note: September 7, Monday is a Holiday so the school will be closed, the pick up date for next week will be on September 8, Tuesday.
In case you missed it from last weeks HAWKS Family Post:
Welcome to YES Prep Northwest Packet
What the packet covers:
Need a Device?
Please ensure you have completed the Device Survey and Tech Agreement in Skyward.
We will contact HAWKS families once devices are available for pick up.
If you need assistance with internet, please contact Mr. Swift at Terence.email@example.com
NOTE: If you currently DO NOT have a device, the student can use a tablet or cell phone to download the Microsoft Teams application while we work on getting a device for you.
IMPORTANT: If you picked up academic materials, but we DID NOT have a device for you, please WAIT until you receive communication from the school that we have a device ready for you. We are working on getting devices to all our students, we thank you for your patience.
Please complete re-enrollment forms found in Skyward Family Access. Skyward is our new and improved student information system.
RESOURCES TO KNOW
- Northwest Staff contact information
- Family Resource Center - Teams guidance found here!
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Overview - Spanish
- YES Prep Reignited - Virtual learning information
- Family Welcome Event - watch our live event meeting from 8/19
- Device Survey - need a device? fill out this survey
- Tech Support
- District Letter 8/28 - Spanish
- Free meals - Meals start August 24, pick up from campus on Mondays ONLY from 9 am to 1 pm
- Uniforms - NOTE: We are waiving uniforms for the Fall Semester
- All links in one place - bookmark this page! Links are continuously being updated
Did you know you can subscribe to our HAWKS Family Notes? | ¿Sabía que puede suscribirse a nuestras Notas familiares de HAWKS? click here for a "how to" video