- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Hello hello! Your student is officially invited to the YES Prep Northwest 2nd Annual Black History Month Block Party next Friday, February 16, 2024 9:30am-1pm happening here on campus during school! This month for Black History Month we are excited to be following the theme: “Celebrating Our Heroes!”
Students will have the opportunity to learn Black History facts with a walking museum upon entering the gym, enjoy games and hangout time with friends, music, a bounce house, and indulge in Black owned food trucks (students must bring money for this). We will also engage in a Whole School Family Gathering to celebrate and 2 informational and engaging sessions in homerooms.
The dismissal process will look a little different to accommodate for the block party. Please see the diagram below:
- This event will occur during school for students only.
- Students must bring money to purchase from the food trucks.
- Students are released at 1pm as this is an Early dismissal day
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.
After School Programming
YES Prep Northwest After School Policy
All students staying on campus must be supervised by a teacher or sponsor. Students not staying on campus for ASPIRE, Unified Tutorials, athletics practice, or other teacher-supervised event must take bus transportation home or report to the front office by 4:30 p.m. to wait for pickup.
Students found wandering around campus after 4:30 p.m. without valid reason (ASPIRE, Unified Tutorials, athletics, etc.) will be assigned after school detention.
The following clubs are available for ASPIRE after school programs from 4 – 5:30 p.m. as of 2/8/24. Students are expected to attend 30 days of programming for the school year.
· NHS meetings will be held after NHS induction on February 9th, 2024.
· Students will be notified via Schoology when Strength & Conditioning and Gaming club start meeting for this semester.
· Driver’s Ed & Cooking & Baking are limited capacity and require weekly commitment. Any student drops from C&B will allow a waitlisted student to join. Notifications via email.
· Contact Ms. Nguyen, the Manager of Student Enrichment, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dear Northwest Families,
Exciting news! We're on the lookout for fantastic additions to our HAWKS community for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year, and we want your help.
Know a family that would thrive at Northwest? Refer them, and not only will you be contributing to the growth of our vibrant community, but you'll also score some exclusive swag as a token of our appreciation!
Refer a family now: https://yesprep.org/referafamily
Let's make our YES Prep family even more extraordinary together!
- Family Notes