Parental involvement is key to a student’s success. At YES Prep Northwest, there are different ways you can get involved, from volunteering or participating as a HAWKS Family Association member. If you have any questions or are ready to get involved, please reach out to our main office at 713-842-5510.
What is HAWKS Family Association?
HFA encourages interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to improve our children's educational experience.
How do I join HFA?
It's absolutely FREE to join HFA! You are an automatic member by having your child attend Northwest. If you want to be an active member, all you have to do is show up to our monthly meetings to learn more.
How does the HFA get involved?
- Organizing events - Teacher Appreciation Week, Fundraising, Field Day (booth)
- Volunteering for school events/activites
- Decorating for holidays/bulletin boards
- Volunteering as a chaperone to school events
- Donating food items for school events
- Joining an internal committee
- and much more!
Who can I contact about HFA?
Marsha Thomas is our Family Parent Fellow - Marsha.Thomas@yesprep.org
Title 1 Meetings
Hosted twice a year to ensure parents and family members are aware of their rights and responsibilities in the education of their children.